Constitution of JET Alumni Association of British Columbia and the Yukon
The name of the Society is the JET Alumni Association of British Columbia and the Yukon.
The purposes of the Society are:
- to assist JET Alumni in making the transition to life in Canada following participation in the JET Programme;
- to provide a forum which enables JET Alumni living in British Columbia to exchange information and resources regarding employment, education, recreation and other topics;
- to promote cultural ties between Japan and British Columbia/Yukon;
- to assist the Vancouver Consulate-General of Japan with the promotion and development of the JET Programme; and
- to exchange information of shared interest with current JET Programme participants, JET Alumni Associations world-wide, and groups or individuals with an interest in Japan-related topics.
The Society shall operate without any purpose of gain or profit for its members and any profit or other accretions to the Society shall be used in promoting its purposes. This provision is unalterable.
On the winding-up or dissolution of the Society, after all debts of the Society have been paid or adequately provided for, the assets of the Society then remaining shall be transferred and delivered to such charitable institutions as the voting members determine by ordinary resolution, or failing such resolution, by ordinary resolution of the directors of the Society. This provision is unalterable.