Your RSVP is kindly requested by Friday, January 10th, 2020 at email@example.com.
For more details on different board positions, please go to the JETAABC website. If you would like to run for a position but cannot attend the AGM, please send a platform to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10th, 2020.
It’s time to kick off Reiwa gannen and the Year of the Rat! JETAABC is pleased to invite all JETAABC members and their guests to the Annual General Meeting and Shinnenkai 2019.
Date: Friday, January 17th, 2019
Time: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: JTB International (Canada) 8899 Odlin Crescent, Richmond (Four blocks from Aberdeen Stn)
*Your RSVP is kindly requested by Friday, January 10th, 2020 at email@example.com.*
The AGM is your chance to participate in the election of our new Board of Directors and other important JETAABC business. Please consider running for a position! A brief description of positions is provided below.
If you would like to run for a position but cannot attend the AGM, please send a platform to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10th, 2019.
Light food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided at the AGM. Come meet and catch up with fellow alumni! We look forward to seeing you there!
- Acts as the official representative of JETAABC.
- Liaises with the Japanese Consulate, CLAIR and JETAA Canada representative.
- Chairs the Board of Directors meetings and facilitates JETAABC activities and communications.
- Advises and coordinates all JETAABC activities in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Spearheads JETAABC long-term planning and vision.
- Maintains records of JETAABC’s finances (eg. bank deposits, balancing cheque book).
- Reports on the financial activities at the monthly Board of Directors meeting.
- Prepares the application for the CLAIR grant-in-aid, and liaises with CLAIR on related matters.
- Prepares the agenda for and takes minutes at meetings.
- Maintains the minutes, all files, documents, and correspondence for JETAABC.
- Organizes meetings dates and locations; orders refreshments for meeting.
- Maintains and updates membership and contact information of all alumni in the JETAABC database.
- Updates and maintains email mailing list.
- Encourages alumni to join JETAABC.
- Prepares and digitally distributes JETAABC monthly email updates.
- Maintains JETAABC’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
- Facilitates communication between the Board and JETAABC members.
Volunteer Coordinator – 2 positions
- Solicits and directs volunteers for the pre-departure orientation and other events as needed.
- Serves as the primary contact for alumni interested in getting involved with JETAABC.
- Organizes the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Manage JETAABC servers, email accounts, and website.
- Set up online payment for JETAABC events.
- General IT support.
- Brings JETAABC members in touch with other JET alumni associations.
- Develops relationships with outside organizations (eg. Mokuyokai, Powell Street Festival Society, Nikkei Place) to allow JETAABC members to maintain their connection to Japan and Japanese culture.
Social & Cultural Coordinator
- Organizes events and RSVPs throughout the year: Japanese cultural activities, ie. cooking, pottery & social gatherings; or provides support for other board members organizing such activities
- Serve as sponsor/coordinator for Japanese language class
- Writing up event description and marketing for external communications
Career Development Coordinator
- Develops and organizes career-related and personal development events such as networking events and workshops.
- Organizes the annual Re-Entry & Career Seminar for new returnees.
- Filled by someone who has previously served on the Board of Directors.
- Offers guidance and input on Board decisions and dialogue.