JETAABC Japanese Tea Ceremony Experience
Enjoy a traditional Japanese tea ceremony in an authentic temple setting! Members of the Urasenke Foundation will lead an interactive tea ceremony where participants learn about the history and cultural significance of Japanese tea ceremony as well as experience receiving, preparing, and serving bowls of matcha (green tea).
The event will begin with participants having a mini lesson on Japanese tea ceremony and how to receive tea correctly as guests. Afterwards, participants will have the chance to be the host and engage in an interactive demonstration to experience preparing their own bowls of matcha and serving them to other participants.
Note: As the tea ceremony will take place on tatami mats, no bare feet allowed. Please wear socks (preferably white). Please also be prepared to sit on the floor for the full duration of the event.
- Date: Sunday, October 29
- Time: 2pm to 4pm
- Location: Urasenke Foundation, 209 Jackson Street, Coquitlam, BC(10-15 mins walk from Braid Skytrain station)
- Maximum number of participants:20
- Cost:$15/person (non-refundable*)
- Registration deadline:Tuesday, October 24 at 11:59pm.
To register please fill out the following form and confirm your payment: https://goo.gl/forms/CmlCBKiya5rbWqPx2
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Colleen, JETAABC Membership Coordinator at email@example.com.
* Refund policy: The event will run if 10 or more people register by October 24. Once the minimum number of participants is reached, the event becomes non-refundable. If the minimum is not reach, participants who registered by October 24 will receive a full refund.