It’s time to kick off Heisei 29-nen and the Year of the Rooster! JETAABC is pleased to invite all JETAABC members and their guests to the Annual General Meeting and Shinnenkai 2017.
Date: Friday, January 20th, 2017
Time: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: YWCA Hotel, 733 Beatty St (Between Robson St and Georgia St)
Your RSVP is kindly requested by Friday, January 13th, 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AGM is your chance to participate in the election of our new Board of Directors and other important JETAABC business. Please consider running for a position! A brief description of positions is provided below. If you would like to run for a position but cannot attend the AGM, please send a platform to email@example.com by January 13th, 2017. If you would like to start an initiative, you can join the Board as a Director-At-Large.
Light food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided at the AGM. Come meet and catch up with fellow alumni! We look forward to seeing you there!
- Acts as the official representative of JETAABC.
- Liaises with the Japanese Consulate, CLAIR and JETAA Canada representative.
- Chairs the Board of Directors meetings and facilitates JETAABC activities and communications.
- Advises and coordinates all JETAABC activities in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Spearheads JETAABC long-term planning and vision.
- Maintains records of JETAABC’s finances (eg. bank deposits, balancing cheque book).
- Reports on the financial activities at the monthly Board of Directors meeting.
- Prepares the application for the CLAIR grant-in-aid, and liaises with CLAIR on related matters.
- Maintains and updates membership and contact information of all alumni in the JETAABC database.
- Updates and maintains email mailing list.
Encourages alumni to join JETAABC.
- Facilitates communication between the Board and JETAABC members.
- Maintains JETAABC’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Sends out JETAABC Messages emails to alumni on the email mailing list.
- Prepares the agenda for and takes minutes at meetings.
- Maintains the minutes, all files, documents, and correspondence for JETAABC.
- Organizes meetings dates and locations; orders refreshments for meeting.
- Solicits and directs volunteers for the pre-departure orientation and other events as needed.
- Serves as the primary contact for alumni interested in getting involved with JETAABC.
- Organizes the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Collects and edits articles, prepares and digitally-distributes triannual JETAABC newsletter.
- Helps maintain the JETAABC website and archives documents online.
- Brings JETAABC members in touch with other JET alumni associations.
- Develops relationships with outside organizations (eg. Mokuyokai, Powell Street Festival Society, Nikkei Place) to allow JETAABC members to maintain their connection to Japan and Japanese culture.
Social & Cultural Coordinator
- Organizes events and RSVPs throughout the year: Japanese cultural activities, ie. cooking, pottery & social gatherings; or provides support for other board members organizing such activities
- Liaises with Mokuyokai to co-host outings and events
- Writing up event description and marketing for external communications
Career Development Coordinator
- Develops and organizes career-related and personal development events such as networking events and workshops.
- Organizes the annual Re-Entry & Career Seminar in the autumn for new returnees.
- Filled by someone who has previously served on the Board of Directors.
- Offers guidance and input on Board decisions and dialogue.